MCA Memos for 03-14 BoS Meeting
In advance of the BoS Meeting on Tuesday March 14, MCA has prepared the memos on the following items:
- Item 4g Cannabis Tax Reform – (CLICK HERE for Agenda Materials)
We fully support the impactful tax reform items being brought by Supervisor Mulheren and recommended by both her and Supervisor Haschak of the General Government Committee:
- an Amnesty Program for tax penalties and interest still owed,
- a payment plan for those who have been Deprioritized due to late tax payments,
- and a 50% reduction in the Minimum Cannabis Tax for tax years 2023 and 2024)
We urge you to share your support of these recommendations with the Supervisors, and to specifically thank Supervisor Mulheren for bringing this item forward and working so quickly with the various county departments to make it happen. Instructions for commenting below.
- Item 4f – Local Cannabis Program Streamlining (CLICK HERE for Agenda Materials)
We are supporting the intent of the item to explore, both locally and with the state, every option available to move folks to their Annual Licenses. While these options are being evaluated, there are many items that will warrant consideration if significant changes are going to be made to our existing systems and regulations. Our memo provides some of these items, and calls for significant engagement with the stakeholder community as these conversations proceed.
We encourage you to support the conversations taking place between the State and the County, to include robust stakeholder input, and to share any items you think the County should be considering as things move forward.
You can use the following instructions to make either written or verbal comments (including leaving a voice mail at your convenience before 7:30AM on Tuesday March 14).
To leave any written public comment, first you must CLICK HERE to register with Granicus. Once you have registered, you will be able to sign in and make comments and upload files for all agenda items. You can CLICK HERE to find upcoming meeting agendas.
YOU MUST MAKE AN INDIVIDUAL COMMENT FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM YOU WANT TO ADDRESS. CLICK THE ITEM BELOW FOR THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT.
To make a verbal comment there are two options:
- Call (707) 234-6333 to leave a voice message, up to 3 minutes, to be played during public expression/public comment, as it relates to the published agenda.
- Leave your full name and the agenda item upon which you are making a comment.
- The deadline for voicemail comment is 8AM the day of the meeting. (Voicemails received after 8AM will not be played back during the meeting)
- Anonymous phone messages will not be played back during the meeting (nor will phone messages received prior to publication of the agenda)
ONLY 1 MESSAGE PER AGENDA ITEM. WE RECOMMEND LEAVING MESSAGES BY 7:30AM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING TO BE SAFE.
Option #2 – ZOOM
Use the “raise hand” feature when Public Comment is called
CLICK HERE to Join Zoom Webinar
Zoom Webinar ID: 850 3079 4049
Zoom Phone Number (if joining via telephone): 1 669 900 9128
Please also feel free to email your District Supervisor, or all Supervisors, with your comments!
(Be sure to include the items that you’re writing about in your Email Subject)
District 1 – Glenn McGourty email@example.com
District 2 – Mo Mulheren firstname.lastname@example.org
District 3 – John Haschak email@example.com
District 4 – Dan Gjerde firstname.lastname@example.org
District 5 – Ted Williams email@example.com
All Supervisors: firstname.lastname@example.orgYour voice makes a difference!