MCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS THROUGH APRIL 12
Amplify your voice in Mendocino County’s cannabis trade organization!
(Mendocino County, CA – April 3, 2023) The MCA Board of Directors is excited to announce the opening of nominations to the Board through April 12. Elections will be happening on April 17. At least two seats are available, including officer positions, for this nomination period. The Board is made up of diverse cannabis industry participants from throughout the county, including a range of cultivation and non-cultivation license holders.
Since the official launch of the MCA Membership Program at the end of 2019, we have worked together with the county and members of our community on important local issues, from presenting an Amnesty Pathway to supporting efforts for the securing of State Cannabis Equity Grant Program funding. This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated group of industry leaders in helping to support and promote the shared interests of our community.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Nominees interested in running for the Board of Directors must be current members of MCA in good standing, or agree to become members upon acceptance of a nomination.
- All Board members must be at least 21 years of age.
- 80% of Board members must reside in Mendocino County.
- 60% of Board members must be industry participants who actually “touch the plant,” and hold cannabis business licenses, or are in the process of applying for cannabis business licenses.
- Board members must attend 75% of board meetings, and provide notice in writing at least 48 hours in advance of missing a meeting, with exceptions for emergency circumstances.
- Board meetings are bi-weekly.
The general duties of the Board of Directors include advancing the mission of the organization, fundraising and financial planning, supporting staff and contractors, monitoring industry trends and creating strategic goals based on them, maintaining strategic oversight of all programs and operations, evaluating the organization’s progress and recruiting to ensure ongoing board membership and development.
Nominations may be made at this link: https://forms.gle/844iEWaLPyQfD9Eu6
The Mendocino Cannabis Alliance serves and promotes Mendocino County’s world-renowned cannabis cultivators and businesses through sustainable economic development, education and public policy initiatives.
###Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.