It can be difficult to know how to make Public Comments on various agenda items being discussed by the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors (BoS). This post explains a few ways to do it.
To leave any written Public Comment for the official record, first you must CLICK HERE to register with Granicus. Once you have registered, you will be able to sign in and make comments on all agenda items.
To see upcoming BoS meetings listed on Granicus for Public Comment CLICK HERE.
If you would also like to make a verbal comment (we recommend it!) on one or multiple agenda items, there are two options.
1. If you would like to leave a message for the Board of Supervisors to be played during an upcoming meeting, you can leave a voicemail comment
– Call 707-234-6333 and leave a voice message, up to 2 minutes in length, to be played during public expression/public comment, as it relates to the agenda.
– Speak clearly, being sure to state your full name, date, District #, and which meeting and agenda item you are calling for. YOU MUST LEAVE ONE MESSAGE PER AGENDA ITEM. MESSAGES MUST BE LEFT BY 7AM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING TO BE SAFE.
– Anonymous phone messages will not be played back during the meeting!
2. You can CLICK HERE to sign up to make a live comment during Public Expression during the meeting. Make sure to enter the proper agenda item or Public Expression topic in the appropriate field of the page. Once you sign up, you will receive a confirmation via email, and instructions on how to access the BoS meeting.
Please also feel free to email your District Supervisor with your comments!
Make sure to include the items that you’re writing about in your Subject
District 4 – Dan Gjerde firstname.lastname@example.org,
District 3 – John Haschak email@example.com,
District 1 – Glenn McGourty firstname.lastname@example.org,
District 2 – Mo Mulheren email@example.com,
District 5 – Ted Williams firstname.lastname@example.org