In advance of tomorrow’s 11-08 Board of Supervisors meeting, MCA has prepared the following memo:
- Public Expression – Urgent Need for Local Cannabis Tax Reform (CLICK TO READ)
On November 1, 2022 while the Mendocino County Board of Supervisors was passing a punitive appeals process for local embossed receipt holders, the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors completely suspended 100% of their Measure S Cannabis taxes due to the significant challenges facing their small local cannabis businesses, and their clear understanding of the importance of protecting their local industry. In the attached memo, we call on the Mendocino Board to provide the same level of support to our equally deserving locally licensed operators.
If you support our positions, please share that support with the Board of Supervisors BEFORE the meeting tomorrow!
To leave any written public comment, first you must CLICK HERE to register with Granicus. Once you have registered, you will be able to sign in and make comments on all agenda items. Moving forward, we will provide links for each agenda item to comment on, so it’s worth your time to sign up now since this is the system the County will be using moving forward for submissions.
YOU MUST MAKE AN INDIVIDUAL COMMENT FOR EACH AGENDA ITEM YOU WANT TO ADDRESS. CLICK THE ITEM BELOW FOR THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT.
If you would also like to make a verbal comment to the Board (we recommend it!) on this item, there are two options.
1. If you would like to leave a message for the Board of Supervisors to be played during the November 8 meeting, you can leave a voicemail comment:
– Call 707-234-6333 and leave a voice message, up to 2 minutes in length, to be played during public expression/public comment, as it relates to the agenda.
– Speak clearly, being sure to state your full name, District #, and which agenda item you are calling for. YOU MUST LEAVE ONE MESSAGE PER AGENDA ITEM. MESSAGES MUST BE LEFT BY 7AM ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING TO BE SAFE.
– Anonymous phone messages will not be played back during the meeting!
2. Join the Zoom Webinar on 11-08 at 9AM and use the “raise hand” feature when Public Expression is called (usually right after the Pledge of Allegiance).
For details and complete list of the latest available options by which to engage with agenda items, please CLICK HERE
Meeting ID: 874 3013 9955
Please also feel free to email your District Supervisor with your comments!
Make sure to include the item that you’re writing about in your Email Subject
District 4 – Dan Gjerde email@example.com,
District 3 – John Haschak firstname.lastname@example.org,
District 1 – Glenn McGourty email@example.com,
District 2 – Mo Mulheren firstname.lastname@example.org,
District 5 – Ted Williams email@example.com
All Supervisors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!